Sunday, March 23, 2008

Testimonies!

Hey guys!

No. I haven't died.

anws, I got 2 testimonies. so here goes,

Background first:
I moved in with 2 housemates this year.
I kind of regretted it straight away cos no1, i wasn't used to staying with ppl.
no2. the best friend of one of my housemates whom i didn't like wanted to join in.

in short, that friend confirmed that she was going to stay with us.
i freaked out. basically. ran to my friend's place to panic. yup i sure did.
listened to good advice.
talked to my housemate.
made up with her friend. (we had problems with each other for the longest time)

even still, although we made up, it still wasn't healthy to stay with each other.
by the time i was already in the who-cares and the whole I'm-going-to-hole-up-in-my-room attitude.
if you get what i mean(;

in the end, when her parents heard the costs, they freaked out.
so, no. she's not staying anymore.

my whole point here is not to badmouth her but to say how amazing God works in our lives.
because if i didn't know tt we'll be staying tgt, i wouldn't have made the first initiative to make up with her. and the thing is, currently, our relationship is slowly (yes, slowly) getting better. (we're just trying to not step on each other's toes.)

i felt it was good and necessary, although it was definitely NOT FUN to go thru all tt freaking out and making up because the friction tt we had was going on for more than 6mths alr.
But, I'm glad it's over.



testimony no2:

because the place tt i moved in was a house and not student accommodation,
it was empty. yup. nothing. ko-song. no furniture. nothing.
basically, i didn't like the house at all but i didn't have control over tt area.

it was old and disgusting.
the carpets were like shit.
there's grime in what seems like everywhere in the kitchen.
it was dusty EVERYWHERE. (despite the multiple vacuuming).
a wall of bricks for one side of the kitchen, dining room and the living room
the living room freaked me out the first time i saw it. almost had a heart attack.
it was a cave!!!
cold and dark.
there's cobwebs everywhere.

yeah...as you can tell, i really didn't like the place.
it was so easy for me to find so many -ve points with the hse.
it took me quite a while to get adjusted.

but what i want to thank god for is the fact tt although it was a slow start,
(getting all the furniture and all)
I've actually been really blessed.
ppl from church have just been giving me so many things to make my room so much cosier
also, cos i didnt want to spend money buying too many stuffs

here's what I've been blessed with:
-mattress (approx. $2-300?)
-very good/ex heater
-a very^million good stereo system
-a bean bag (approx $40 for just the skin)
-a cork board

so yeah....thank god for all those. saved me sooo much money.
I'm happy!
staying with housemates still needs adjustment.
but just reflecting on what has been happening the past few months made me really thankful of what God has done.

No comments: